- Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or inquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Use of Information
Collecting information at time of enquiry for flowers or purchase
- As part of our order or recruitment process, we collect personal information about you in order to assess your application and for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as set out on the Application or Shopping page on our website.
Collecting information necessary to co-ordinate your tour
- We collect personal information only to the extent necessary to deliver the services, products, or information you, or other on your behalf, request. We collects, holds, uses and discloses, only as necessary the following personal information from customers and others in the course of offering services or providing services to you. The collection of this information is done to allow us to provide services to you as requested.
- Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
- We use this personal information to provide the services and/or products you have requested, or to provide you with information about those services. This includes using personal information to: register you to receive newsletters, answer your request for further information about our products, make a purchase, provide you with information about the Company and/or our services, and to receive and implement feedback on those services. Furthermore, the personal information allows us to:
- Understand your needs as a customer and determine eligibility for our products and services.
- Inform you about our products and services, or those of our partners that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Provide ongoing service and support, including resolution of any issues with the services or products you request
- Carry out internal accounting and administration of our business.
- Comply with laws, regulations, immigrations requirements, and the like.
- We may also use your personal information to book products and services for you or on your behalf from our third party suppliers and service providers, or other service providers or merchants for whom we act as agent from time to time. This collection of personal information can be both for our internal purposes, for example, to process your sale or information, and occasionally on behalf of the parties for whom we act as agent, for their internal purposes in providing the services or products you have requested. Please be aware that the consent you provide to the collection and use of personal information by SLAK flowers, applies equally to the parties whose products and services we sell.
What are the consequences of failing to provide Personal Information?
- If you do not provide the Personal Information that we request, we may not be able to deliver the services you have requested.
- The security and integrity of your Personal Information is important to us. All personal information is stored in secure databases at secure addresses to prevent unauthorized access. Passwords, encryption devices and firewalls protect these databases. Please note however that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we take all steps to ensure the safety of your data, we cannot ensure the security of information you transmit to us over the Internet.
- Access to your personal and private information is limited to: authorized employees of ours. We keep our employees and our third party suppliers and other partners informed about our policies and procedures and require strict compliance with this Policy in order to ensure your information remains protected. Unauthorized access and/or disclosure of client information are strictly prohibited.
Collecting Information from Users
- IP Addresses Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the site.
Access to Information
- We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
- We retain personal information for as long as is reasonably required, with consideration to the purpose for which it was collected or a related or ancillary purpose, and to our legal and regulatory obligations. We delete or otherwise personal information after a reasonable period of time. On occasion, you may have to provide your personal information to us again where it has been so deleted.
Links to other sites
- We provide links to Web sites outside of our web sites, as well as to third party Web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site; http://www.privacy.gov.au/.